In late July, the City of Houston’s Stormwater Action Team began a ditch rehabilitation project in Forest Cove. The City predicted the project would take until November 24, weather permitting.
The project area includes Cypress Lane and Palmetto Lane. The map above shows the project limits highlighted in red.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the ditch rehabilitation project includes:
- Regrading and re-establishing of the roadside ditches
- Replacing of the culverts and resetting them to match the flow line of the ditch
- Replacing the driveway where the culverts are replaced
- Increasing the capacity of any culverts less than 24 inches in diameter
- Removing any unpermitted culverts or other encroachments in the City Right of Way.
Project Approximately on Schedule
I drove by the project earlier in the week and it appeared that the City had completed approximately a quarter to a third of the project in about a quarter of the time. That means they are on schedule or slightly ahead.
From the looks of things, it appears the City is doing exactly what it promised.
For More Information
For more information, please contact Mayor Pro Tem Dave Martin’s office at (832) 393-3008 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Bob Rehak on 9/10/2020
1108 Days after Hurricane Harvey