On Wednesday, October 2nd, Houston Stronger will host a free public forum about Flood Risk Reduction Strategies and Action.
Houston Stronger Speakers
Chief speakers include:
- Stephen Costello, City of Houston Chief Resiliency Officer
- W. Nim Kidd, Chief, Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Russ Poppe, Executive Director, Harris County Flood Control District
- Steve Costello, Chief Recovery Officer, City of Houston ‘
- Sheri Willey, Deputy Chief, Project Management Branch, USACE SWG
- Player yet-to-be-named from the Texas General Land Office
Time, Date, Place
Houston Stronger will host the meeting from 10-11-30 at:
- HCC West Houston Institute
- 2811 Hayes Road
- Houston, TX
Tickets are free but only 300 seats exis,t so sign up quickly. Only registered people may attend.
One Meeting that Matters
Meeting details are sketchy at this time. But organizers tell me the forum will focus on how to spend FEMA money coming to Texas.
A large part of that decision depends on advocacy. So a large turnout from the Lake Houston Area will raise our visibility and help our cause. This meeting matters! Let’s fill the room and make our voices heard. If you click on the link to Houston Stronger priorities, you will immediately see the importance of a strong turnout.
I will post more details on this Houston Stronger meeting as they become available.
Posted by Bob Rehak on 9/13/2019
745 Days since Hurricane Harvey